We all wish for that clean, bright white smile.
At Ipswich Dental Care, our tooth whitening menu starts at a low price of just $150!! Our whitening systems are very cost effective, easy to use and best of all – easy to maintain.
Our Opalescence Go Whitening system will not only give you the brighter smile, but you will also be able to achieve this in the comfort of your own home!! The custom made trays ensure for a comfortable fit and great even result. In many cases, your desired shade will be achieved with trays still left over to top up down the track!
Another option, which can be more suited to certain cases, is the Colgate Optic white system. It is a teeth whitening gel that contains a prescribed amount of Hydrogen Peroxide. This is the agent that will effectively bleach any stains that have embedded into the tooth structure.
Often a dental clean will remove surface stains, but to get the teeth to that seemingly impossible white shade is possible with our teeth whitening system.
When you decide to go ahead with your teeth whitening, our friendly Front Office Coordinators will
- make an initial appointment with one of our dentists to ensure your teeth are healthy before you begin the process.
- If using the Colgate Optic White, the dentist will take an impression of your teeth using dental putty. If using the Opalesence – we can issue you the entire kit with no further appointments until after the whitening process.
- we then make custom fit trays for your teeth (for Colgate system)
These trays are clear in colour and fit very comfortably to your teeth.
Between taking the dental impressions to receiving your whitening trays and gel will take approximately 1 week.
When you take these trays and your teeth whitening gel home, you will have to place small amounts of the gel into your trays and wear them for approximately 30- 45 minutes per session. Usually, patients see results after the third to fourth application.
Advantages of the at home teeth whitening system vs in the chair systems
- you can control how bright you want to go
- it is very cost effective
- you can easily top up your whitening down the track
Simply keep your trays safe and clean, and purchase a top up kit.
This makes the long term maintenance very cost effective and easy!